Sunday, August 23, 2009

There's No Such Thing as Perfect People.


Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. I'll do a quick recap of my week. 
Monday- Half day. lameee. I find half days quite possibly the most pointless days a school can have, you walk into the classroom and hear "it's going to be a great year, here is your syllabus. get it signed." and then you leave. 
Tuesday- I got a pretty good feel for my classes. i really like my english class, english happens to be my favorite subject. Writing is something i enjoy. 
Wednesday- i had my first softball game of the year. We won, which was a big deal. I really do enjoy spending time with my team mates. I'm making some good friends. But the final score was 6 to 3.
Thursday- Thursday seemed like it was never going to end. It just felt like the longest day of the week. 
Friday- we had yet another softball game. we played troup county and won 12-4, grabbed dinner with the team and then  was able to hang out with friends. 
Saturday- my family drove to Atlanta to spend time with mom's side of the family. My cousins really are great, and i wish that i could see them more. 
Today- i slept later than i have for awhile which was oh so nice. Now i am doing homework waiting for Casey to come over to help me with algebra 2 homework. 

My mom and I have been talking a lot lately about the phrase "Now that I am here- What's next Lord?" this is what i try to wake up each morning saying. Some mornings it's the easiest thing in the world to say and other mornings I have to really make myself say it. But i say it because I feel like by saying it I am letting God have full control. Not that he doesn't already have it, but i am telling him i will NOT argue anymore with him. Whatever he wants me to do next i will do.  Lately i feel like i am having trouble spending time with God because of school, softball and friends. STUPID EXCUSE i know. So that is one of my goals to MAKE time for God. The Lyrics"  There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are, broken and scared
Lift up your heart and be amazed
And be changed by a perfect God"
are my new life lyrics you could call them. Not only have I not been able to find time for God lately, but I have been so scared that because i have messed up lately, he will not want to hear from me. But he DOES want to. How great is that? (:
So tell me, what is your life lyric or key quote? 
my cousins make me happy :)

2 comments:

  1. How long must I pray, must I pray to you?
    How long must I wait, must I wait for you?
    I'm on my knees beggin you to notice me
    I'm on my knees Father will You turn to me?
    One tear in a tropic rain
    One voice in a sea of pain
    Can the Maker of the stars hear the sound of breaking heart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, sorry i'm just now getting this.
    i really like that, i recently down loaded that song!
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete